Frequently Asked Questions
What does "softwash" mean?
Soft washing is a process to clean algae, mildew, and other grime off of surfaces with a biodegradable detergent at low pressure instead of high pressure. It's much safer for vinyl and painted surfaces and follows most siding manufacturers recommendations for cleaning vinyl.
How should I prepare for my exterior cleaning service?
This is a great question and one we always address when scheduling service.
If it's a house wash or roof wash Elite Exterior Solutions requires:
- All windows closed and locked.
- All exterior lights must be turned off.
- Any potted plants or fabrics of any kind should be moved approximately 15 feet from the house.
- Anyone that may be entering or leaving the house during the service should be made aware that the detergent can stain clothing and that hoses, machines, ladders and other trip hazards may be present.
- Vehicles should be clear of the driveway.
If it's a concrete cleaning service they ask that no vehicles are present and that the area is clear.
If it's gutter cleaning service they ask that anyone entering or leaving the house is aware that ladders may be outside a door and that the contents of the gutter will be falling from overhead. Vehicles should be clear of the driveway.
Can the soap kill plants and grass?
The simple answer is yes; however, dilution and neutralization of the detergent is a part of the process. The detergent ultimately is biodegradable and after neutralization is no more harmful than pool water. Proper process is key to ensuring safe use of the detergent.